Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project 1: Multimedia Instruction

Below is a link to my Multimedia Instruction Presentation. In the presentation I attempt to address a Algebra I concept that was recently introduced in the online course that I teach. The concept is: testing coordinate pairs to verify if they are solutions for a given system of equations.

Project 1: Multimedia Instruction

The presentation seeks to employ the concepts presented in week for: the multimedia principle and the contiguity principle. For instance, I attempted to adhere to the multimedia principle in that the images displayed have associated / supportive text to clarify the image as well as the concepts addressed. In addition, the images used were purposely chosen so as to represent a theme - with the intention of providing additional clarity of the topics. For instance, the main image used throughout the presentation is a set of stairs that show an individual moving up one stair to the next as they complete the steps of the process. This image is meant to not only present the steps included in the process but also to reinforce the idea that the steps build upon each other and that students must move up the steps in order. The staircase image, while important, is too large to have on each slide as I work through the content; therefore, in keeping with the continguity principle I include a part of (a cut away of) the full image. For instance, when discussing the first step of the process I include the part of the full image that represents the first step in the staircase. I continue to do this throughout presentation as each step is addressed and then tackled.

On a side note...the images I used / created in the presentation are somewhat "adolescent" in nature and this was done on purpose as my students range from 7th to 12th grade.

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment